Robin Hornung, M.D., MPH, FAAD
Specialties: Medical Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Skin Cancer Treatments
Location(s): Spokane North, WA, Spokane Valley, WA
A native of northern Idaho, Dr. Hornung has over 25 years of experience specializing in Medical and Pediatric Dermatology. Her passion is in Pediatric Dermatology, where she treats everything from rashes, eczema, psoriasis, and infections to diagnosing/assessing birthmarks and moles and treating acne in kids. She is also experienced in the laser treatment of vascular birthmarks in babies and children, including hemangiomas and port wine stains. She considers taking care of patients and their relatives over the generations as a form of “family dermatology.” Dr. Hornung offers convenient telemedicine appointments for patients who cannot drive or have busy schedules at school or work.
Dr. Hornung offers a holistic approach to dermatologic care. She thrives on getting to know her patients and their families. Understanding the whole person helps complete their medical and social story, thus improving the outcome of care. She treats each patient with compassion, respect, and dedication.
Dr. Hornung received her undergraduate degree from Yale University. She then attended the Yale School of Medicine for her medical degree. Her Pediatrics Internship and Dermatology Residency were completed at Duke University Medical School. She then completed a two-year Fellowship at the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program at the University of North Carolina. She earned her Master’s in Public Health and finished a Residency in Preventive Medicine and Public Health at the University of North Carolina.
In her spare time, Dr. Hornung loves to hike, travel, cook, read, and spend time with her family and her dog, Barkley. She has visited countries such as Indonesia, Iran, Bahrain, and Colombia as a travel enthusiast. For several months she conducted medical research in Tanzania and received tropical dermatology training in Brazil.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Preventive Medicine & Public Health – University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill
- Department of Dermatology – Duke University Medical Center
- Department of Pediatrics – Duke University Medical Center
- Master’s Degree
- Public Health – University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill
- Medical Degree
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
Bachelor of Science, Geology & Geophysics
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Washington State Medical Association