Laser Therapy skin treatments use sources of high energy to regenerate and repair damaged skin. They work by focusing high-intensity light on small, focused spots of concern. Laser treatments are an effective way to treat wrinkles, scars, skin blemishes, blood vessels, and pigmentation concerns and vary greatly based on the type of laser used.
Your Greater Spokane Advanced Dermatology & Skin Surgery Provider or Licensed Aesthetician will review your skin concerns and medical history to determine a treatment plan that’s specific to your skin care goals and desired results. These are the laser treatments we offer.
- IPL Photofacial: The elōs Plus® device uses light energy to precisely treat red and brown pigmentation caused by aging and sun damage. This skin treatment can also reduce the flushing of rosacea and can be used on the face, neck, chest and hands.
- Fraxel® Dual Laser: Fraxel laser treatment targets aging and sun-damaged skin by creating microscopic channels. This stimulates the body’s own healing process and replaces damaged skin with fresh, glowing, healthy skin. In addition to aging and sun damage, this type of laser treatment can also be used to treat wrinkles, melasma, and scars. Because the laser only treats a fraction of tissue at a time, it promotes rapid healing by stimulating new healthy cells from the inside out.
- Fractionated Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Laser: By delivering high-energy laser light over the skin’s surface, this laser treatment helps reduce surface wrinkles of the face and neck. Common treatment sites are the fine wrinkles around the eyes, pucker lines around the mouth, and surface creases of the entire face and neck.
- Cutera® excel® V Laser: This treatment targets red, purple, and blue pigmentations in all skin types and removes pigmented lesions by forcing vascular areas to coagulate. It is used to treat angiomas, diffuse redness, bruising, and more.
- GentleLase Pro® Laser Hair Removal: This gold standard in hair removal laser technology can help you achieve smoother skin that’s free of unwanted hair. It can also improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin, age spots, and freckles with minimal discomfort or downtime.
- UltraPulse® Laser: CO2 fractional laser. Uses two systems to treat multiple skin concerns including deep wrinkles, fine lines, acne scarring, and more. Learn all about this powerful fractional laser here.
What to Expect During Your Laser Procedure
Most laser procedures require topical numbing prior to treatment, and your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses. The procedure may take a few minutes to half an hour or more, depending on the size of the treatment area and the laser used.The amount of discomfort varies from patient to patient and depends on the depth of treatment. Very light treatments are often tolerated with no anesthetic at all, but deeper treatments may require topical and/or local anesthetic. Your comfort is our top priority, and your physician or laser specialist will discuss options for managing any discomfort associated with the procedure.
Is Laser Treatment Risky?
Our laser specialists are up to date on the latest in laser technology and will make sure that your laser treatment is safe for your personal skin type. You’ll always be provided with thorough information on the risks associated with any type of laser procedure. After your treatment, you’ll be given complete after-treatment care instructions, as well as a recommended skin care regimen. Make an appointment to discuss laser treatments or other skin care procedures with an Advanced Dermatology & Skin Surgery Provider or Licensed Aesthetician today.
*Laser treatments are available at our Spokane Valley, WA, and Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho locations